Friday 14 October 2011

Sue Ryder talk at Weston Court

I know some of our members were planning to to go Weston Court this morning for the talk by Sue Ryder's so sorry for the late notice - I am sending emails out and telephoning around, advising it has been necessary to postpone the talk until the second half of November.

When rescheduled the talk will be after lunch, not during the morning, as that is what we now learn the people at Weston Court would prefer

As a rule either the Rev. Robert, myself, or both of us together will visit a proposed location for a talk so as to check out the details, including availability of visual aids, arrangements for refreshments, and all the nitty-gtitty of the small print.     On this occasion, as the venue is way over the other side of Southampton and for me to get there would have meant a time consuming and expensive journey of taking a bus into the city centre, then taxi to Weston Court, which is over the other side of the River Itchen,  I was pleased to leave arrangements in the hands of a third party. Sadly it did not work out.    I think  the popular expression  is:  "Lessons have been learned"

JG

No comments:

Post a Comment